Basic minimum requirements to being a college student include:
- Access to a desktop, laptop or tablet computer
- High-speed internet access
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Available free to KC students)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Ability to download documents
- Web Browser to access student email and Brightspace by D2L (Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Ability to participate in virtual classrooms via computer or cell phone (i.e. Zoom
or Google Hangouts)
Don’t forget to check your syllabus for technology requirements as each class may
have different requirements.
Do you need a Chromebook or Laptop? Contact the Kishwaukee College Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding our loan program or assistance with technology questions.
Testing Requirements (ProctorFree/Proctorio)
Note: Not all tests will require the use of proctoring software. It is important to
review your course syllabi to determine specific testing requirements.
Testing requirements may include:
- Access to a laptop or desktop computer (Chromebooks or other tablets will not work)
- High-speed internet access. Speed should be between 0.092 - 0.244 Mbps. You can test
your internet speed using www.speedtest.net (hotspots not recommended)
- Webcam (internal or external)
- Microphone (internal or external)
Don't forget to check your syllabus for testing requirements as each class may have