Threat Assessment Team
Kishwaukee College is committed to maintaining a safe campus environment for all members
of the college community. The Threat Assessment Team supports the campus security
plan by responding to reports of students or employees displaying signs of behavioral
or emotional distress that may indicate a possible threat to the college. The team
will meet on a regular basis to assess referrals, determine appropriate intervention
strategies, and effectively respond to incidents of concern.
Based on individual cases the Threat Assessment Team will include additional team
members consisting of faculty or staff who are connected to the incident being reviewed,
specialized treatment providers when needed and the HR department in situations dealing
with college employees.
Guidelines for Referrals to the Threat Assessment Team:
- Acts of Violence (threats, assaults, etc.) on Campus
- Statements or Evidence of Self Harm/Suicidal Thoughts
- Erratic/Bizarre/Inappropriate Statements or Behavior
- Statements Indicating Possession of a Weapon, or Displaying of a Weapon on Campus
- Writings or Drawings of a Disturbing or Threatening Nature
- Evidence of Impaired Behavior Due to Drug or Alcohol Use
- Observed Behavioral Changes Over a Period of Time
- If You Are Wondering “Should I Report This?”
If violence is occurring “right now” and you need immediate help call “911” or “0”
for the college operator, to alert the Sheriff Deputy Officer on campus.
If you would like to consult with a TAT member about a concern or issue contact any
one of the team members above and they will be happy to talk with you or you can submit
a Threat Assessment Referral Form.