Submission of Exhibition Proposals
Kishwaukee College Art Gallery invites artists and other interested parties to submit proposals for exhibition in the main gallery. The KC Gallery is open to both solo and group and thematic shows, we welcome both art and artifact exhibitions. We aim to support emerging and established artists in a variety of media and focus on bringing diverse experiences to our campus and local community. The gallery is also conducive to hosting two different shows simultaneously and welcomes smaller submissions that may not be robust enough for the entire space.
Potential exhibitors are asked to provide the following information for consideration:
- A typed exhibition proposal statement that explains the nature of the exhibition, the message the show communicates, and how it will benefit the community college and local audience.
- Contact information: First and Last Name; Address, Phone Number; Email; and Website (all promoted on the web submission form below).
- A link to a resume or CV.
- 15-20 quality images of the artworks that would be displayed and multiple images of 3D work. Please also include sizes of the work. Do not send any materials that you want returned to you.
We welcome links to Dropbox or Google Drive, or other online image galleries that can supply information and images about the proposed exhibition. Please place the link in your proposal letter in the submission form below.
Hard copy proposals or supplemental information can be sent to: 21193 Malta Rd., Malta, IL 60150; Attention: Judson Curry. Digital submissions are preferred through the submission form below, but can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for Exhibitors
The Art Gallery consists of:
- Approximately 2,232 sq. ft. of floor space
- Over 20 pedestals of various sizes
- Four portable walls, 7'h x 6'w x 2'd
All work should come ready to be hung or installed. Local artists are encouraged to hang their own work with the assistance of our student gallery workers. The KC Gallery will provide labels to denote the work.
Artists selected for exhibition must complete an exhibition contact and provide a full list of works included in the show along with estimated value.
Local artists are welcome to set up an artist talk to meet with students and patrons in conjunction with an opening or closing reception.
Artists residing within a reasonable distance (approximately 60 miles) of the college will be responsible for delivering and retrieving their own work. Work must be picked up within five days after the closing of the exhibition.
Kishwaukee College will provide return shipping only to artists residing more than 60 miles from the College upon prior written approval. Proper reusable shipping materials are the responsibility of the artist.
Questions and Contact Information:
Assistant Vice President of Instruction
21193 Malta Road
Malta, IL 60150-9699
Art Submission Exhibition Form