TRiO offers career advising to assist you in preparing for your dream career.
With career advising we can help you:
- Gain one-on-one career counseling and advice
- Explore careers and discover the career field that's right for you
- Develop or update resumes/cover letters/letters of intent
- Get connected to career resources such as internship/job fairs, career inventories, exploration websites, and other helpful resources
- Find internships and get connected to job shadowing opportunities
- Work on Mock interviews, Joining professional organizations, job searches, job related social media such as LinkedIn
- and anything else you need in relation to career development and planning.
TRiO New advising tool - Virtual Job shadowing
Virtual Job shadowing is an online interactive career exploration tool offered to TRiO participants for free. The program help empowers individuals to discover, plan and pursue their dreams with their unique video-based career planning platform. It is an shared tool that helps students develop career paths.
Some of the features include:
- Resume builder
- Digital Portfolio
- Videos from professionals in various fields of interest
- Career exploration road maps
- Career interest assessments
- Job/internship and college search tools
Come and see the TRiO career advisor for career assistance!
Participants may qualify to be paired with a coach who will serve as a role model to help you navigate unfamiliar college processes and share practical tips and advice on how to be a successful college student.
All students participating in TRiO are invited to attend the FA 2018 Mentoring Groups
Non-Traditional Student Group: This group is for students who are 25 years or older. This group will discuss topics related to coping with the college experience later in life. First Meeting: Thursday, October 18th 3:00 pm at the TRiO Office, C2123
Transfer Club: For students who are planning to transfer to a 4-year institution. This will be a working group that will assist with working through the transfer process for any college/university. First Meeting: Monday, October 29th at 3:00 pm at the TRiO Office, C2123.
First Generation Student Group: For students whose parents do not have a 4-year degree. This group will discuss topics related to college experiences that affect first generation students. First Meeting: Monday, October 15th at 1:00 pm at the TRiO Office, C2123.
Pre-Nursing Mentoring Group: For students who would like to enroll in Kishwaukee College's Nursing Program. This will be a working group that assists with completing the application process and discussing classes to take. First meeting: Tuesday, October 30th at 1:00 pm at the TRiO Office, C2123.
If you have any questions or would like to attend one of the groups but have a scheduling conflict, please contact Kim at (815)825-9653 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you.