Dual Credit for High School Administrators
Looking to offer more dual credit opportunities for your high school juniors and seniors? Here you will find valuable information to get started.
Common Dual Credit Courses
- BIO 103 & 105 – General Biology & Lab
- CHE 110 & 111 – Basic Chemistry & Lab
- COM 100 – Oral Communication
- ECO 260 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- ENG 103 – Composition I
- ENG 104 – Composition II
- HIS 220 – US History to 1877
- HIS 222 – US History since 1877
- MAT 101 – Topics in Mathematics
- MAT 208 – Introductory Statistics
- MUS 220 – Music Appreciation
- PHL 200 – Ethics
- PLS 140 – Intro to American Government and Politics
- PSY 102 – Introduction to Psychology
- SPA 202 – Intermediate Spanish II
- SOC 107 – Introduction to Sociology
- Computer-Aided Design
Dual Credit Instructors
- Instructors must meet Illinois Community College Board requirements.
- IAI 1.1 Transfer courses require a minimum of a master’s degree within the discipline or any master’s degree with 18 graduate hours appropriate to the academic field of study or in the discipline in which the instructor will be teaching.
- CTE 1.2 courses require 2,000 hours of work experience and appropriate recognizable credentials, depending on the specific field.
- Dual Credit Quality Act
- ICCB Dual Credit Administrative Rules
- This option allows the high school to use their faculty for instruction.
- A $50 course fee per student is paid directly to Kishwaukee College (the fee is waived for students who qualify for free/reduced lunch).
- Kishwaukee College credentialed instructors are provided.
- Classes can be offered as face-to-face or through possible remote options.
- A $1,150-per-credit-hour course fee is billed to the high school.
News & Events
Kish College invites prospective students to Visit Day on Feb. 20
Kishwaukee College will host Visit Day on Monday, Feb. 20, at the College for prospective students and their families.Read More