Truck Driver Training Program
We appreciate your interest in the Kish CDL Training Program. Due to the COVID-19 situation and social distancing our scheduled classes have been postponed until further notice. We will post any updates made by the College or the State of Illinois to keep you informed as soon as we get the information. Keep checking back for updates, including new class dates.
The Kishwaukee College 160-hour truck driver training program puts well-trained drivers on the road. The training combines classroom presentation with hands-on experience that leads to a Class A Commercial driver’s license.The course will provide you with the basic skills to become a safe, professional truck driver. Upon successful completion, you will be able to secure an entry-level position in the trucking industry. Trucking industry recruiters-local and over-the-road-visit our classroom on a regular basis. Our CDL director will counsel you about job selection. Through the Kishwaukee program you will receive lifetime placement assistance.
The 160 hour CDL Training costs include:
- Equipment & Tuition Costs = $3,700.00
- D.O.T. Medical & Drug Screen = $170.00
- Class A Permit fee at the DMV = $50.00
- 3 year MVR Report = $12.00
Your CDL enables you to:
- Earn $35,000-$52,000 in the first year
- Have a career with medical and retirement benefits
- Have access to thousands of openings nationwide
- Choose from local, regional, and OTR positions
- Take advantage of a rapidly growing, non-traditional job market for women
Director of Workforce & Community Education